Places I visit daily
My favorite columnist, Jon Carroll
Our favorite indoor place to spend a Saturday: San Francisco Exploratorium.
Our favorite outdoor place to spend a Saturday: Oakland Zoo.
Another favorite indoor place to spend a Saturday: Children's Discovery Museum in San Jose.
KFOG live through RealPlayer on your computer.
The Why Files covers science and nature questions in great depth.
Attachment Parenting mailing list. I run this small support list for parents and parents-to-be to discuss attachment parenting. (Also see AP-SpiritedKids below).
Attachment Parenting business pages. A webring of businesses whose owners
practice attachment parenting. I do my best to support home and family based businesses.
Attachment Parenting mailing list for pregnant moms. I was on this through my pregnancy with Timothy. It's a great resource.
Attachment Parenting from the experts: William and Martha Sears answer parents' questions at this forum.
Fun Stuff for Kids (and Mac Share/Freeware)
Mac Share and Freeware Kid's Domain.
Pregnancy and Childbirth
The Midwife Archive, where the on-line midwife goes to discuss pregnancy and birth.
My favorite Earthy-birthy woman at The Radical Fringe Mothering Page.
Is Homebirth for You? 6 Myths about childbirth exposed. A must read for those not considering a homebirth.
Homebirth at The Compleat Mother.
Attachment parenting a Spirited Kid? Join my AP-SpiritedKids mailing list. I run this support list for parents of Spirited Kids that use Attachment Parenting methods.
Spirited Kid Support Forum, great support and ideas for living with your spirited kid.
My favorite E-Zine A Breed Apart.
Looking for an adoption group? Adopt-A-Greyhound lists by location including groups all over the world.
Work and Career
- My current work Bear River Associates.
- Professional development at Project Management Institute.
Places to Shop on the Web (all personally tested ;-)
- Remaindered books and great service at Book Close Outs.
- Lands End has the best catalog and online services I've seen on the Web.
- Glad Rags has 100% organic cotton menstruation pads and other "feminine" products. I love mine.
- Another great place to get alternative menstruation products is Many Moons.
- Toastie toes for everyone at Shepherds Flock. We got slippers for both boys this year--Thomas loves his so much he sleeps with them!
- Tannenbaum, yes, Christmas trees through the mail. We've gotten lovely Nobel Firs from them for the last two years!
Maternity and Nursing Clothing
- The #1 place to get nursing clothing: Motherwear. Don't miss their deals on Tuesday, Personal Shopper Day.
- Little Koala has great discount maternity and nursing stuff. Mostly basics, but the prices are excellent.
- If you sew (even a little bit) buy your nursing patterns at Elizabeth Lee Designs. My sewing knowledge comes from 1 semester in 7th grade and I've made 4 nightgowns, 3 tops and a dress from her easy patterns!